This crusty baked chicken recipe rivals your mother’s best fried version any day!
I’m a big fan of cooking with fresh herbs. They brighten a ho-hum dish, and give it WOW factor.
But when I want to faux fry chicken, dried herbs create a savory appeal that does a good job of making my baked chicken taste as though I’d fried it.
Don’t forget to use Rocco DiSpirito’s faux frying technique and bake your chicken on a rack. You’ll be happy with the results. Every inch will be crispy and nicely browned.
Are you sure this isn’t fried chicken? Happy cooking!
- ? cup low fat buttermilk
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 ½ tablespoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- 4 large skinless chicken thighs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and place a cookie rack on top. Spray with cooking spray for easier cleaning.
- Combine panko, paprika, garlic powder and onion powder in a bowl. Place buttermilk in another bowl.
- Dry chicken thighs and then dredge in them buttermilk and panko mixture, then place on cooking rack. Spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink next to the bone.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 182, Weight Watchers PointsPlus 4
Total Fat: 3.24g
Total Carbs: 22.56g
Dietary Fiber: 1.38g