I find it interesting the foods that people won’t eat.
I don’t like mushrooms. I think fruit of most varieties is not in the least bit tasty, and I’m not a fan of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
Sounds crazy, doesn’t it?
Foods that many people say they must-have (Reese’s being my husband’s go-to treat), I can completely do without.
My dislike for peanut butter makes pleasing Mike’s love of all things peanut butter a difficult task, but when I stumbled upon this chocolate pudding recipe from Tyler Florence, I knew I was onto something.
Tyler’s recipe just needed a little skinny up to meet my standards.
Low fat milk and dark chocolate cocoa powder made the dark chocolate lover in me happy, and natural peanut butter made Mike happy. We had a low calorie dessert that we both enjoyed.
- 2 cups skim milk
- 6 packets stevia
- ⅓ cup Hershey's Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons natural style peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 6 tablespoons Light Cool Whip
- Place 1½ cups milk, stevia and cocoa in the saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Remove from the heat.
- Whisk the remaining milk, cornstarch, egg yolks, peanut butter and vanilla in a bowl. Gradually whisk in hot milk.
- Return the pan to the heat and cooking, stirring constantly, until the pudding comes to a full boil. Reduce and simmer until thickened. About 3 minutes more.
- Pour into six cups and place in the refrigerator to cool.
- Top with a tablespoon of whipping cream and ½ tablespoon peanuts.
Saturated fatty acids: 4.61g
Monounsaturated fatty acids: 4.94g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 2.05g
Total fat: 11.60g
Calories from fat: 104
Carbohydrate, by difference: 12.82g
Total dietary fiber: 1.72g
If you’re looking for more healthy and low calorie Weight Watchers recipes, check out my Recipe page. You’ll find hundreds of recipes that include nutrition information and Weight Watchers points.
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.