Bananas and peanut butter are a classic combination and delicious in this kid-friendly muffin recipe.
Don’t you think this little guy and his sister are the most adorable children you’ve ever seen? I do, but then they’re my children.
Jason and Lauren are in their twenties now, and have long since been on their own. Now there’s a new adorable kid on the block – my nephew, Blake.
When Blake comes to visit, his aunt and uncle don’t waste one minute of toddler fun, and that includes breakfast. Muffins are always on the menu, and Auntie Kristi makes sure they’re healthy too.
Blake’s muffins include natural peanut butter, yogurt, oats and bananas. A healthy breakfast muffin for a growing boy.
As you can see from Blake’s half-eaten muffin, this recipe is a hit.
Blake’s expecting a new brother. I’d better keep a few muffins on hand for Grayson. I’m guessing he’ll be a big muffin fan too.
10 minPrep Time
18 minCook Time
- 1 large egg
- ? cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium banana, over ripe and mashed
- ¾ cup natural chunky peanut butter
- ½ cup low fat milk
- ¾ cup low fat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup quick cooking oats
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 count non-stick muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Add egg, sugar, oil, banana, peanut butter, milk and yogurt to a large bowl and whip until throughly combined.
- Mix in baking soda, baking powder, oats and flour until just combined. It should be lump free, but not overly mixed.
- Using a 1/3 cup measure, pour into muffin tins.
- Bake 15 - 18 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Calories: 191 Weight Watchers PoinstPlus 5 Total Fat: 6.19g Cholesterol: 16mg Sodium: 237mg Total Carbs: 27.54g Dietary Fiber: 2.82g Sugars: 9.49g Protein: 7.52g
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.