This super easy baked salmon topped with barbecue sauce and pecans makes a lovely presentation for dinner guests.
When I was visiting my grandmother several years ago, I decided to treat her to a seafood dinner. Grandma was in her 90’s by then and didn’t cook a whole lot for herself.
The recipe I found for Grandma’s dinner encrusted fillets of salmon with tiny bits of toasted pecans. The combination of toasty pecans and sweet salmon was amazing.
I lost that recipe long ago, but the memories of Grandma and I enjoying our meal in mutual contentment still lingers in my mind, so it was time to recreate it.
My recollection of the original recipe called for more pecans than my calorie conscientious mind would allow, so I made a few modifications – I topped my salmon with a crumble of pecans and my favorite barbecue sauce.
The baked salmon was terrific, but I have to admit that I missed grandma’s company. I think it would have been that much better if she was sitting across the table.
Happy, healthy cooking!
- 10 ounces salmon filets
- 3 tablespoons barbeque sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 small lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons pecan pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- Mix barbecue sauce, honey and lemon with zest in a small bowl.
- Spread over the tops of salmon filets and press with breadcrumbs and pecans.
- Bake for 15 - 25 minutes until salmon just barely flakes in the middle. Do not over cook or salmon will be dry.
Calories: 354 Weight Watchers PointsPlus 9 Total Fat: 13.32g Cholesterol: 77mg Sodium: 359mg Total Carbs: 24.77g Dietary Fiber: 2.22g Sugars: 10.84g Protein: 30.88g
If you’re looking for more healthy and low calorie Weight Watchers recipes, check out my Recipe page. You’ll find hundreds of recipes that include nutrition information and Weight Watchers points.
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.