Protein packed poached eggs perched atop roasted sweet potatoes and served with a sweet honey mustard sauce.
People love poached eggs. There’s something about that tender egg white and creamy yolk that makes a comforting meal.
It’s the perfect protein to top a piece toasty bread with a bit of melted butter, but we like to be more creative in our house.
We’ve dressed up a bed of beet greens and leeks with these gifts from your local chickens.
And used them to smother slices of salty ham with roasted asparagus on the side.
But we’ve decided these roasted sweet potatoes with poached eggs were definitely a combination made in heaven.
I could have eaten this cookie sheet of roasted potatoes all by myself if left to my own devices, but providing the family with dinner was a necessity, so I restrained myself.
Those nutty roasted sweet potatoes made a delectable bed for our gently poached eggs, especially after they were drizzled with an easy honey mustard sauce.
You say you don’t know how to poach an egg? Check out this tutorial from Smitten Kitchen. She’ll get you started.
Have a good week everyone!
- 8 cups sweet potatoes, cubed
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon thyme, minced
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons low fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon stone ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoon low fat milk
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons chives or green onion, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees, and line a cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper sprayed with cooking spray.
- Toss sweet potatoes with olive oil and thyme, then lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast potatoes for 20 - 30 minutes, stirring once, until vegetables are just tender.
- In a small bowl mix sour cream, mustard, honey and milk.
- Heat a small skillet over medium high with 2 inches of water and 1 tablespoon of white vinegar. Bring to a boil, the reduce heat to medium low to create a low simmer.
- Crack one egg into a bowl, then slide into the water. Crack the remaining eggs one at a time and repeat the process.
- Allow eggs to lightly poach until your desired doneness.
- Fill a bowl with roasted potatoes, then top with the poached egg, sauce, tomatoes and onion.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus 12
Saturated fatty acids: 3.30g
Monounsaturated fatty acids: 3.85g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 1.57g
Total fat: 8.72g
Calories from fat: 78
Carbohydrate, by difference: 87.07g
Total dietary fiber: 12.94g
Don’t forget to sign up for a weekly newsletter straight to your inbox with the week’s latest recipes and cooking tips!
Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.