Many times I’ve seen recipes that pair pork with apples and onions, but I’ve never tried it myself. Boy was I in for a treat!
This pork chop recipe from Gourmet Every Day was great. I added 1 tbs of fresh thyme to this recipe, but other than that, this recipe is really a treat.
Notice the broccoli. Rachael Ray roasts her broccoli. It comes out nutty tasting and tender. I just spray broccoli with cooking spray, toss with salt and pepper, and roast in oven at 425 until just tender. There are no Weight Watchers points, so it’s a freebie as a side dish.
- 4 ea pork chops
- ½ tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 ea granny apples, cut in 1/3" wedges
- ? cup white wine
- ? cup water
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat. Saute chops, turning once until browned and cooked through. About 8 minutes. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Reduce heat and saute onion and apples with chicken broth about three minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add wine and water and simmer covered until apples are tender.
- Stir in horseradish, chives and meat juice from plate.
- Serve chops topped with sauce.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 7.49g
Total Carbs: 14.12g
Dietary Fiber: 1.68g
Weight Watchers Points 6