Pork blade steaks were on sale – very, very cheap.
Not lean, but cheap. So what was I going to do with my good buy, and still keep to the calorie budget? I found this pork recipe on allrecipes.com submitted by Junnieann.
The original Pork Marsala recipe called for 3 tbs butter and 1/4 cup olive oil. I used 1 tbs butter and 1 tbs olive oil. Then I added chicken broth as needed (my healthy saute).
With grilled asparagus and quinoa on the side, this turned out to be a hearty, healthy, tasty meal.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound boneless pork loin chops, pounded thin
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- Mix flour, salt ,garlic salt, garlic powder, and oregano together in a medium bowl. Add pork chops, and toss until well coated.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place pork in skillet in a single layer, and cook, turning occasionally, until brown on both sides. Add mushrooms and minced garlic; cook and stir briefly.
- Stir in wine, scraping the skillet to loosen any brown bits. Cover and simmer over medium heat until pork is tender and sauce is thickened, about 15 minutes. If sauce is too thick, adjust by stirring in a small amount of wine.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 8.77g
Total Carbs: 10.72g
Dietary Fiber: 0.65g
Old Weight Watchers Points 6