Sliced potatoes make the crust for this healthy crustless quiche packed with eggs, spinach and turkey bacon.
I really liked this twist on traditional quiche recipe – typically high in fat and calories.
I loved the potato crust, but next time I make this dish I will pre-bake the potato crust to give it more of a crusty texture.
I didn’t have asparagus, so I substituted spinach and sliced mushroom. A small pinch of nutmeg added warmth, and I couldn’t resist some fresh thyme. If you like quiche, you’ll love this.
Adapted from Optimum Wellness
- 1 lb russet potato sliced thinly
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 5 slices turkey bacon
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 1/2 cup shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- 12 steamed asparagus spears
- Heat oven to 350.
- Steam potatoes for five minutes.
- Heat olive oil in skillet on medium heat and saute onion and pepper for 7 - 10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add bacon and saute until cooked.
- Spray glass pie plate with cooking spray.
- Whisk eggs, milk, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Layer potatoes in pie plate. Top with onion mixture and pour in egg. Top with asparagus spears.
- Bake for 35 minutes until set.
9 g protein
7 g fat
15 g carbohydrate
103 mg cholesterol
362 mg sodium
2 g fiber
3 g sugars
Old WW points 3