Most of you weight watching folks know that Weight Watchers has changed their plan to PointsPlus.
This blog has several hundred recipes with the old points values attached. This makes it difficult to go back and recalculate the points to PointsPlus. However, since I’ve provided nutrition information, you will be able to convert the points yourself.
In the future, I will calculate old points for those of you who want to stick with the old plan, and new PointsPlus points for those of you making the change. Of course, I will always provide calorie, fat, fiber, sodium etc. for people working the calorie approach to weight loss and maintenance. I have purchased the new calculator for PointsPlus and I’m still learning, so if you find a discrepancy in points, please let me know!
My personal opinion is that Weight Watchers has made a change for the better, and is calculating the value of foods as a whole. This makes your food choices more nutritionally sound.
- 1 tube polenta, sliced into 8 pieces
- ½ pound salad shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup cocktail sauce
- ½ cup basil, sliced
- 8 tablespoons low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1. Spray a large nonstick pan with olive oil cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add polenta slices and cook for 5 - 8 minutes until lightly browned on both sides.
- 2. Preheat the broiler on high.
- 3. Mix salad shrimp, cocktail sauce, garlic and basil.
- 4. Remove polenta to a cookie sheet covered in foil and sprayed with cooking spray. Top with shrimp mixture and then mozzarella cheese. Broil until cheese bubbles and shrimp is heated through.
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 91, old WW Points 2, PointsPlus 2
Total Fat: 1.39g
Total Carbs: 8.49g
Dietary Fiber: 2.11g
The statement made here are strictly my opinion and are not meant to replace medical advice from your physician. Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.