Naturally, I wouldn’t ask if you could make an edible veggie burger with quinoa unless I had the answer, and the answer is an emphatic – yes!
I admit I was dubious when I started combining the ingredients for this meat-free burger from Cuisine Diva. The mixture was loose, and didn’t feel like it would hold together in the pan.
But as you can see, with just a bit of shaping, they stuck together just fine, and flipped easily without breaking into a million pieces.
Thanks for the recipe Cuisine Diva! Your combination of vegetables, herbs, cream cheese and mozzarella made a fantastic burger. My husband ate two!
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- 1 large carrot , finely shredded
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ cup low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup low fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs
- Combine ingredients and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and spray liberally with cooking spray.
- Divide mixture into six patties and place into fry pan, leaving plenty of room in-between patties.
- Cook for 6 - 8 minutes per side until patties are cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite burger toppings.
Calories: 207 for burger only Weight Watchers PointsPlus 5 Total Fat: 5.99g Cholesterol: 77mg Sodium: 208mg Total Carbs: 24.18g Dietary Fiber: 2.43g Sugars: 2.96g Protein: 10.22g
If you’re looking for more quinoa recipes, try this collection from Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right. Enjoy!