If you doubt the popularity of chicken amongst meat eaters, just check out this article by The Week from January of 2012. According to this article, the average American eats 60 pounds of this popular poultry per year.
Given that information, it’s not surprising that we’re always looking for new recipes, is it?
After four years of healthy recipe blogging, I’ve collected more than a few chicken recipes, and thought I would share readers top ten most clicked on recipes with you.
Let’s get started!
1. Moist Ground Burgers hot off the grill. Ground chicken is bulked up with mashed pinto beans and fresh herbs, keeping the ground chicken breast – typically dry – moist and tender.
2. This Mexican Roasted was incredibly affordable at $4.00 for the whole bird! It was rubbed with spicy Mexican seasoning, cinnamon and cocoa powder. Completely delicious with a mango salsa on the side. Don’t forget to make your own chicken broth with what’s left of the bird (if there is anything left).
3. It appears that baked breasts are definitely popular as evidenced by these Spicy Dijon and Honey Panko Breaded Chicken Breasts. Panko bread crumbs are my go-to breading for faux fried chicken. It provides a crunchier crust over the average bread crumb.
4. This simple zucchini and chicken casserole recipe is a terrific use for this summer’s zucchini crop.
5. Yep! You guessed it! Readers are crazy about baked recipes, including these baked tenders from Rocco DiSpirito’s Now Eat This! Diet. Be sure to check out Rocco’s baking method. You’ll find it makes the crunchiest faux fried tenders ever.
6. Casseroles are a quick way to get a healthy meal on the table that combines your protein and vegetables in one dish. This easy Mushroom and Chicken Casserole requires a handful of ingredients, so it’s on the table in no time flat.
7. I’m beginning to think I should have titled this post “Favorite Baked Chicken Recipes.” Clearly baking is a popular method of cooking this popular poultry as evidenced by this Paprika Baked Chicken.
8. Finally, folks have changed their focus from baking to these Chicken Quesadillas with Chipotle and Lime Sour Cream.
9. I just couldn’t add any more baked dishes to this list, even though there were two that rated higher in popularity than these Gooey Chicken Legs. This recipe has long been popular in my family. They love the combination of Russian dressing, apricot jam and onion soup mix. I think it’s the fun of licking the sauce from your fingers that makes this recipe so popular.
10. We finish with this Creamy Cheezy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole. Who wouldn’t want a casserole with a cheesy crust on the top!
There you are, the most popular chicken recipes available here at Mother Rimmy’s as reported by Google Analytics. Thanks Google for keeping track!
Don’t forget to sign up for our weekly newsletter packed with healthy cooking tips and tasty recipes. I’m sure there will be more baked chicken recipes to share in the future.
Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.