You’d be hard put to find anyone who doesn’t love a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, so these no bake cookies with peanut butter and jelly make kids and adults alike happy.
Something about the combination of creamy peanuts (with a little crunch in my house), and a fruity jam or jelly brings back memories of childhood days and school lunches packed with a PB & J sandwich and piece of fruit. At least that’s how it was growing up in my family.
Back in the day, we ate our peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on soft, fluffy white bread. In fact, the bread was so soft that we could take a slice and squish it into a tiny ball. If you’re over 50, you might recall those Wonder Bread days.
Memories of those carefree childhood days were the inspiration for these no bake cookies with peanut butter, oats, and drops of strawberry jelly.
This is the easiest cookie recipe you’ll ever make – no baking, no complicated ingredients.
All you need are oats, peanut butter (100% peanuts I hope), honey, milk, a dash of vanilla and low sugar strawberry preserves.
Roll your concoction into little balls (sound familiar?), press a well into the middle, and top with a dollop of jelly.
Chill for a bit in the refrigerator and you have a healthy treat ready to go that tastes like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Don’t forget the glass of milk!
On another note, we’re celebrating our 5th blogiversary this week at Mother Rimmy’s. It’s been a ton of fun these past five years sharing recipes with you, and I’m looking forward to five more years.
Have a terrific week everyone!
- 2 cups oats
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅔ cup crunchy peanut butter, all natural
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup low sugar strawberry jam
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, honey, peanut butter and almond milk in a bowl.
- Microwave on high 1 minute to soften oats and peanut butter. Stir well.
- Using a tablespoon, make 24 balls and place them on the cookie sheet.
- Slightly flatten balls and with your thumb make a small well in the center.
- Drop strawberry jam into the center of each ball, then refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Store cookies in a container in the refrigerator to keep them firm.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus 2
Saturated fatty acids: 0.66g
Monounsaturated fatty acids: 1.90g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 1.22g
Total fat: 3.77g
Calories from fat: 33
Carbohydrate, by difference: 10.50g
Total dietary fiber: 1.27g
Total lipid (fat): 4.05g
Total sugars: 4.73g
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content. Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.