If you’re looking for a light and fluffy pancake, then you’re looking in the wrong place.
While these pancakes won’t rival your local pancake house version or my classic pancake recipe, they are guaranteed tender and flavorful, and packed with good-for-you oats.
Mr. Breakfast sums up the health benefits of choosing oatmeal for breakfast beautifully. Top on the list for me is that it can lower cholesterol and reduce your risk of heart disease. Both health issues run in my family.
But plain old oats can be plain old boring, so this morning I turned them into a pancake!
There is a trick to making sure these pancakes cook through and aren’t gooey in the middle. Instead of cooking them over a higher heat as you typically would, cook them over a medium heat.
They’ll take longer to finish, but you’ll have apples and oats that are tender and not crunchy.
Dripping with 100% maple syrup, I can see these pancakes becoming a morning tradition in our house. Give them a try and let me know what you think, I love hearing from you. Simply leave a comment in the box below.
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 packets stevia
- 2 small apple, peeled and shredded
- ½ tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 2 large egg whites
- Comine oats, pastry flour, cinnamon and stevia in a medium sized bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Spray generously with cooking spray.
- Scoop ¼ of the mixture into the pan and gently spread out to a pancake shape in the pan.
- Allow to brown for 3 - 4 minutes on the first side, watching for burning.
- Flip and allow to brown on the second side for another 3 - 4 minutes.
- Pancakes are dense and moist, but shouldn't be gooey.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus 5
Saturated fatty acids: 0.80g
Monounsaturated fatty acids: 1.71g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 1.19g
Total fat: 3.70g
Calories from fat: 33
Carbohydrate, by difference: 38.29g
Total dietary fiber: 5.45g
Total lipid (fat): 4.22g
Total sugars: 11.20g
“A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot and realize how blessed you are for what you have.”
— Author Unknown
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content. Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.