Do you remember the broccolette I bought at Costco a few weeks ago to serve with this chicken in a lemony thyme sauce?
We liked that broccoli so much, we decided to dish it up with meaty chunks of cod, and lacking the energy for a multiple pan meal determined a roast in the oven was the way to go.
If I was going to be a lazy cook, the least I could do was whip up a spicy glaze that could do double-duty on the cod and the broccoli.
Hoisin is always in my frig, along with a jar of chili-garlic sauce. All I needed was a fresh note for my glaze – the oranges on the counter were perfect.
A sprinkle with black sesame seeds and a few lemon wedges and my lazy cook’s meal was ready to go. Some days are just like that. It’s a good thing I keep a supply of pantry items on hand. They never let me down.
Enjoy your week!
- 16 stalks broccoli
- 10 ounces cod
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ large lemon , sliced
- Sesame seeds optional
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a cookie sheet with foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- Steam or microwave broccoli until crisp-tender.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except cod, in a small bowl. Place the bowl in a microwave and cook on high for 2 minutes until thickened, stirring once. Alternately, bring to a boil in a saucepan and cook until thickened.
- Layer the broccoli on one half of the cookie sheet and brush with half the sauce.
- Place the cod on the other half of the cookie sheet and brush with remaining sauce.
- Roast for 15 - 20 minutes until fish is cooked through. Take care not to overcook the fish or it will be dry.
- Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds and lemon.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus 13
Saturated fatty acids: 1.03g
Monounsaturated fatty acids: 1.38g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 2.98g
Total fat: 5.39g
Calories from fat: 48
Carbohydrate, by difference: 66.64g
Total dietary fiber: 0.71g
Total lipid (fat): 6.64g
Total sugars: 10.03g
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content. Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.