People are dropping like flies this flu season, but Dr. Cookie has the answer!
If you don’t have Dr. Cookie’s cookbook, then you really need to pick one up.
Dr. Cookie has an amazing collection of low calorie treats, including this easy rice pudding recipe – the perfect comfort food for my sick family.
I had fun with this recipe.
I’m a big saver of cups of rice. They often find their way to the freezer for later use, and as luck would have it, this cup of rice included a colorful black rice.
The addition of chopped walnuts and black rice made for a creamy comfort food treat for my ailing family.
I hope your loved ones have managed to avoid this flu season, but if not, treat them to Dr. Cookie’s remedy. I promise they’ll feel better soon.
Happy, healthy cooking!
* Cook’s Note – I wasn’t careful when I measured the rice, so it had a denser texture and could have been creamier. I’ll be making it again, and the next time I’ll watch my measurements.
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar splenda, or light brown sugar
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅔ cup raisins
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked and hot
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and coat an 8" square pan with cooking spray.
- Beat the eggs and brown sugar until smooth. Add milk, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Beat until smooth. Stir in rice and raisins.
- Pour in the baking dish and bake for 50 minutes. Stir after 15 minutes and then again at 30 minutes.
- Pudding is set when a knife comes out clean.
Calories: 142kcal, Weight Watchers PointsPlus 4 Saturated fatty acids: 0.64g Monounsaturated fatty acids: 0.71g Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 0.42g Total fat: 1.77g Calories from fat: 15 Cholesterol: 53mg Carbohydrate, by difference: 26.10g Total dietary fiber: 1.49g Protein: 5.76g
If you’re looking for more healthy and low calorie Weight Watchers recipes, check out my Recipe page. You’ll find hundreds of recipes that include nutrition information and Weight Watchers points.
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.