Cooked turkey kielbasa makes a quick sheet pan meal when you roast it with zucchini, yellow squash, portobello mushrooms, and a fresh oregano vinaigrette.
This one-pan turkey kielbasa meal was meant for the grill – that is until I realized I couldn’t find my outdoor grilling pan with the holes that keep food from falling through the grates.
It was a sunny day, so to say I was disappointed is an understatement. I was looking forward to sitting on my deck basking in the sun and smelling food roasting nearby.
The squashes you see above came from a local farmers market (I love this time of year!). They had that vibrant color that vegetables fresh from the farm have and were firm – perfect for grilling or roasting in the oven.
Portobello mushrooms round out the vegetable offering, but only because Mr. Mike loves them. Myself? Not so much. I pick them out like a little kid picking at their broccoli.
I like to add fresh herbs in the form of a vinaigrette to my pan of roasted vegetables. The earthy flavor of oregano is great in a vinaigrette, so I tossed it with my turkey kielbasa and vegetables before roasting them in the oven.
The only thing lacking from my veggies and sausage are the grill marks. I must say I missed them, but it’s nice to know I can make this again on the grill now that I bought a new grilling pan.
Shake It Up!
You could try a variety of summer fresh vegetables in this sheet pan meal. Blanch green beans in a steamer (beans can take time to cook), then toss in the oven. If you’re not eating meat, chickpeas added to the pan at the end of cooking time would turn this into a tasty meat-free meal.
Roasted Turkey Kielbasa, Summer Squash, and Portobello Mushrooms with Oregano Vinaigrette
20 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano, minced
- 1/8 cup shallot, minced
- 24 ounces turkey kielbasa, sliced into 2' pieces
- 2 large zucchini, sliced in half, then the halves sliced into 1/4" pieces
- 1 large yellow squash, sliced in half, then the halves sliced into 1/4" pieces
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, sliced into 1/2" slices, then halve the slices
- 8 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, shaved
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine olive oil, champagne vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, oregano, and shallot in a bowl or jar and mix well.
- Toss turkey and vegetables in a large bowl with the vinaigrette and spread out on the cookie sheet.
- Roast in the oven for 25 - 30 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender and turkey heated through.
- Serve sprinkled with parmesan cheese.
Food energy: 343kcal
Weight Watchers Smart Points 11
Saturated fatty acids: 6.94g
Total fat: 19.59g
Carbohydrate, by difference: 13.29g
Total dietary fiber: 3.04g
Total sugars: 9.05g
FYI – you might also enjoy this roasted summer squash and eggplant pasta dish with a lemony sauce. Also, the baking sheet used in this turkey kielbasa recipe is from Calphalon, and I used a silicone baking mat. Both are products I’ve had in my kitchen for years and would highly recommend.
Motherrimmy.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. I only recommend products I use myself.