When your hobby is food blogging, you calculate everything you create in the kitchen down to the most minute detail.
You ponder recipes for hours, peruse the grocery store aisles for perfect ingredients, cook your heart out, do your best to setup eye-catching presentations, and fret over how good or bad your pictures turn out.
That doesn’t include actually writing what you hope are engaging blog posts.
But not today . . .
Today is all about simplicity. Simple ingredients – simply tasty food.
And it doesn’t get any easier than gathering produce from your frig, tossing veggies with fresh herbs and garlic, then roasting your vegetables in the oven until they’re aromatic and tender.
Take your roasted vegetables and spread them onto your favorite wrap covered with a creamy sauce and pungent feta cheese . . .
Roll the whole thing up and you’ll have an incredibly easy and healthy sandwich.
If you’re in for some more fun, check out Snapguide. These pictures were taken with my iPhone, and the recipe posted to my profile on Snapguide.
I’ve had a ton of fun sharing with the website’s creative community, and it’s been freeing flying by the seat of my pants in the kitchen.
Enjoy your weekend!
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- ½ medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell (capsicum) peppers, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons thyme, leaves
- 2/3 cup light sour cream
- ½ large lemon, juiced
- ½ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 4 ea FlatOut Flat Bread
- 4 tablespoons low fat feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees, and spray a large cookie sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
- Toss vegetables with thyme and garlic. Spread out onto cookie sheet and spray with olive oil cooking spray. Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 - 25 minutes until vegetables are softened, but not mushy.
- Combine sour cream, lemon juice and parsley in a small bowl.
- Spread the sour cream mixture on each flatbread and top with vegetables and feta cheese. Gently roll wrap up, lightly compressing them as you roll them up so they stick together.
- Slice in half and serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 288 Weight Watchers PointsPlus 7 Total Fat: 5.80g Cholesterol: 23mg Sodium: 495mg Total Carbs: 47.06g Dietary Fiber: 8.20g Sugars: 5.94g Protein: 12.88g