One of the sources of protein recommended by my doctor during my wheat and gluten free exile from food, is lamb.
We aren’t big lamb eaters in this house, but I’m learning that it’s really a wonderful change from the usual pork.
This recipe came fromwhatyouhavingforyourtea on Food Buzz. When you look at the calories in this recipe, keep in mind that you are throwing away the marinade, and with it much of the fat that’s calculated here.
- 4 lamb steaks/chops/etc.
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads (crumbled)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 medium red onion (grated)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- salt & pepper
- Add all the ingredients into a large freezer bag. Seal the bag and shake it around to coat and mix very well. Leave for at least an hour, up to 24 hours. Grill.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 31.80g
Total Carbs: 10.08g
Dietary Fiber: 0.70g
Weight Watchers Points 10
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content. Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.