I tried a salmon recipe a long time ago that paired salmon with oranges. That citrus and salmon combination has been a favorite ever since.
Oranges are a nice change from the usual lemon, and orange marmalade makes a terrific glaze when you add orange juice and bit of Dijon mustard.
How much easier can it get?
Add a creamy mashed cauliflower side dish with tender leeks, thyme and garlic, and you’ll have another tasty 400 calorie meal.
Can’t beat that!
- 6 ounces salmon filets, Wild Alaskan
- ¼ cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- ½ tablespoon butter
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium leek, thinly sliced and washed
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon thyme, minced
- 2 tablespoons fat free half and half
- 2 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 1. Steam cauliflower until tender.
- 2. Heat non-stick skillet over medium heat with oil and butter. Saute leek and garlic with salt and pepper until tender.
- 3. Heat oven to 400 and line a cookie sheet with foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- 4. Mix orange marmalade, orange juice and Dijon.
- 5. Place salmon on cookie sheet and top with half of the leek mixture. Top with orange glaze. Sprinkle with half the thyme and bake for 20 minutes until salmon is done. Do not over cook, or salmon will be dry. Salmon should be just a bit opaque at the thickest part.
- 6. Whip cauliflower, half and half, sour cream, thyme and remaining leek mixture until combined. Salt and pepper to taste.
What’s good for me in this dish?
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable that is thought to help prevent cancer. It is especially helpful for lung, colon, breast, ovarian and bladder cancers. It also tops the charts in vitamin C. It has sulfur containing phytonutrients that help the liver detoxify.
Salmon is loaded with tryptophan, vitamin D, omega 3 fatty acids, selenium, protein, vitamins B3 and B12, phosphorus, and magnesium. Salmon is another powerhouse of nutrition that promotes brain health, heart health and blood pressure.
Total Fat: 11.36g
Total Carbs: 50.12g
Dietary Fiber: 6.78g
Weight Watchers PointsPlus 10