Hooray! Kale! It’s summer and I can pick fresh produce from my own garden. I spent the day pondering on what I’d like to make and decided on a turkey sausage, white beans and kale stew.
- ½ pound Italian Turkey Sausage
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 large carrot , diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon thyme, minced
- 1 tablespoon oregano, minced
- 4 cups kale, rough chopped
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese , grated
- Saute sausage, onion and carrot in oil for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add remaining ingredients, except kale, beans and parmesan. Reduce heat and simmer another 20 minutes. Add kale and beans. Simmer another 15 - 20 minutes until kale is tender. Top with parmesan cheese.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 162 Total Fat: 6.44g Cholesterol: 31mg Sodium: 706mg Total Carbs: 8.99g Dietary Fiber: 1.84g Sugars: 1.57g Protein: 13.03g
Old Weight Watchers Points 3
If you’re looking for more healthy and low calorie Weight Watchers recipes, check out my Recipe page. You’ll find hundreds of recipes that include nutrition information and Weight Watchers points. And don’t forget to visit my Facebook page, follow me on Twitter, or check out my Pinterest boards. I love to hear from you, and share my recipe finds from around the web. If you need some friendly cooking advice, chat with me at Wizpert. Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.