Whoot! Whoot! Happy Hour Friday! Even better, Happy Hour Friday, and it’s a long holiday weekend. This means we need to start it off right with drinks and another delightful appetizer.
There isn’t anyone I know who will pass up quiche in any form, including appetizers, but they don’t have to be calorie loaded versions with all that flaky pie crust.
Don’t get me wrong, I love pie crust. It just doesn’t love my thighs. It seems to stick there like glue, and takes days of exercise on the thigh machine at the gym to get rid of.
This is my crustless version of those savory little quiche bites, and I can have more than one without breaking the calorie bank.
Now I have room for that glass of wine. Hmmmm. Should it be Pinot or Chardonnay?
Happy, Happy Hour Friday!
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- ¼ cup low fat ricotta
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¼ cup green onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers, chopped into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons basil, finely chopped
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 and spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- 2. Whip eggs, ricotta and flour until well combined.
- 3. Add remaining ingredients, excluding 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese.
- 4. Using an ice cream scoop, pour egg mixture into muffin tins and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 5. Bake 15 - 20 minutes until egg is set.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 1.27g
Total Carbs: 1.14g
Dietary Fiber: 0.11g
Weight Watchers Points 1