Believe it or not, I had never heard of a blondie before a visit to My Catholic Kitchen. The recipe looked so easy that I thought even I could handle it!
This simple bar recipe can easily be modified to suit anyone’s sweet tooth.
Veronica adapted her blondies from the Mom Chef using blueberries. The Mom Chef adapted her blondies from a recipe she found on AllYou and used raspberries. I had blackberries picked from the bushes behind my building at work, so they turned out to be my berry of choice.
Naturally I had to add a few healthy ingredients, so I tossed in crunchy walnuts and used my flour of choice – whole wheat pastry flour.
I could easily see this blondie brownie recipe topped with chocolate chips, or butterscotch chips. Maybe even both! Happy baking!
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup light brown sugar
2 large egg white
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup blackberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray an 8″ square baking dish with cooking spray.
3. In a small bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
4. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar until moistened and remove from heat. Let cool slightly, then add eggs and vanilla.
5. Stir in flour and nuts.
6. Spread into baking dish and top with blackberries. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Don’t over bake, Blondies should be moist.
Nutrition Per Serving:
Calories: 159, Weight Watchers PointsPlus 4
Total Fat: 7.86g
Total Carbs: 20.41g
Dietary Fiber: 1.53g
Last updated byat .