This brussels sprouts recipe is modified from a recipe I found on allrecipes.com submitted by Boomdog02. The original recipe called for bacon, using the bacon fat to saute the garlic and brussel sprouts. I used olive oil, added shallot, and used turkey bacon instead.
The flavor was still smokey, and the crunch from the turkey bacon and the almond really worked well together. This was really a fun dish to make and eat. I saved enough to eat cold the next day. Kind of a brussel sprouts salad. Sounds good to me!
- 2 pounds brussel Sprouts, Trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3 slices turkey bacon
- ? cup almonds, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fry bacon in a large deep skillet over medium heat with 1 tbs olive oil until browned and crisp, 5 minutes. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside on paper towels. Chop bacon when cooled.
- Add remaining olive oil, garlic, shallot and almonds to the skillet and cook briefly over medium heat until tender. Add the Brussels sprouts and quickly toss to coat with the hot oil. Sprinkle the red wine vinegar over the sprouts and toss again to coat. Cook, stirring frequently, until sprouts are wilted. Remove from the heat, stir in the bacon and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 19.28g
Total Carbs: 19.09g
Dietary Fiber: 7.10g
Old Weight Watchers Points 7
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content. Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.
If you’re looking for more healthy and low calorie Weight Watchers recipes, check out my Recipe page. You’ll find hundreds of recipes that include nutrition information and Weight Watchers points.
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.