All you need is big impact ingredients.
You can create low calorie, healthy meals your family will enjoy with the use of big impact ingredients like these fresh snow peas and spicy radishes.
I’m just kidding.
Most likely it won’t be the vegetables in this salad recipe that brings them to the table, but the marinated shrimp might do the trick.
I don’t mind a helping hand from bottled salad dressings when the ingredients meet my standards. Newman’s Lowfat Sesame Ginger fits my requirements for recognizable ingredients on the label, and it tastes fantastic.
Better yet, it makes an outstanding marinade for shrimp.
And while my store bought dressing can stand on its own, I added ooooph with a dash of lime juice, chili garlic sauce and honey. All that’s left is to sprinkle crunchy chopped peanuts over the top, and our salad is ready to serve.
Simple ingredients with big impact. I’ll bet even your vegetable haters will clean their plates.
Enjoy your weekend!
- ½ small lime juice
- ½ cup Newman's Lowfat Sesame Ginger
- ½ teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 2 cups snow peas
- ½ cup radishes, sliced
- 12 ounces shrimp, medium, uncooked, peeled and deviened
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 tablespoons peanuts, chopped
- Combine lime juice, dressing, chili garlic sauce and honey in a bowl.
- Marinade the shrimp for 30 minutes in half the sauce. Reserve the remaining sauce to dress the salad.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and add shrimp. Cook 3 - 5 minutes until shrimp is just starting to curl and turn pink. Do not overcook or shrimp will be rubbery.
- Remove from heat.
- Toss remaining dressing with shrimp, peas, radishes, cilantro and peanuts.
- Chill for 20 minutes and serve.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus 8
Saturated fatty acids: 1.90g
Monounsaturated fatty acids: 5.33g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 4.57g
Total fat: 11.80g
Calories from fat: 106
Carbohydrate, by difference: 26.79g
Total dietary fiber: 3.32g
Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.