When it comes to eating out, I’m a pizza or Mexican girl myself.
No fancy restaurants for me!
If I’m treating myself to a few unnecessary calories then I’m gonna do it up right. Chips and salsa, or maybe a little carne asada?
Could be I’m in the mood for a barbecue chicken pizza with chunks of chicken and cashews topped with a layer of gooey cheese.
Or maybe my pocketbook and waistline can’t afford the treat this week and I’ll make my own pizza.
The best thing about making pizza is that I can top it with any calorie friendly ingredients I like, then splurge on a really tasty cheese.
My calorie friendly pizza toppings of choice this week are shrimp and asparagus. Shrimp is a perfect low calorie protein, and thin stalks of asparagus make a nice choice for a green veggie.
But for me, the best part is the goat cheese. That slightly tart and creamy cheese is perfect with shrimp and asparagus.
Do I feel like I missed out on my pizza night out?
I’d be lying if I said this pizza rivals the works of art at our local pizza joint, but it was satisfying nonetheless.
Happy, healthy cooking!
- 1 container pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- ½ cup shallot
- 2 cup asparagus, sliced in 1" pieces
- ½ large lemon , juiced
- 22 medium shrimp , peeled and deveined
- ⅛ cup oregano, finely chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread pizza dough out on a cookie sheet that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Bake pizza crust for 5 - 6 minutes to precook crust, but not brown it.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat with olive oil. Add shallots and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes to soften. Be careful not to burn garlic. Add asparagus and cook another 5 minutes until crisp-tender.
- Add shrimp, lemon juice, oregano and red pepper. Cook for 3 - 5 minutes until shrimp is just cooked. It will finish cooking in the oven.
- Spread pizza sauce over pizza dough and top with asparagus and shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with goat cheese and bake for 8 - 12 minutes in the oven to brown crust.
Calories: 285 Weight Watchers PointsPlus 7 Total Fat: 7.57g Cholesterol: 35mg Sodium: 575mg Total Carbs: 39.66g Dietary Fiber: 6.16g Sugars: 2.36g Protein: 13.11g
If you’re looking for more healthy and low calorie Weight Watchers recipes, check out my Recipe page. You’ll find hundreds of recipes that include nutrition information and Weight Watchers points.
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.