How are Mike and I preparing for the holidays?
Like many of you, we’re collecting recipes for deep fried turkeys, and delicious sides. But beyond the menu planning, we’ve also decided to lose a few pounds around the waistline.
Our goal is to enjoy every bite of every holiday spread our friends and family want to share with us, so we’re paying the piper now. This way we won’t have to hit the gym hard after the holidays.
Thanks to easy meals like this seafood sauté loaded with chunks of cod, lovely pink shrimp and crunchy asparagus, we’ve lost a total of 15 pounds between the two of us this past month.
It’s hard to feel deprived when you’re eating shrimp, right?
If we weren’t eating extra lean these days, I’d add a scoop of quinoa or nutty brown rice to the bottom of the bowl for a little extra oomph.
Happy, healthy cooking!
Serves 2 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups asparagus, cut in 1" pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, large and minced
- 1 tablespoon thyme, minced
- 1 small lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 ounces cod, cubed
- 16 medium shrimp , peeled and deveined
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 1 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil. Add asparagus and sauté for 5 - 6 minutes until crisp-tender.
- Add garlic, thyme, shrimp cod and lemon and gently stir until seafood is cooked through for 3 - 5 minutes. Do not over cook or fish will be dry.
- Add butter and green onion.
Calories: 223 Weight Watchers PointsPlus 6 Total Fat: 9.96g Cholesterol: 91mg Sodium: 339mg Total Carbs: 13.96g Dietary Fiber: 5.54g Sugars: 4.47g Protein: 21.17g
If you’re looking for more healthy and low calorie Weight Watchers recipes, check out my Recipe page. You’ll find hundreds of recipes that include nutrition information and Weight Watchers points.
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.