This time of year I’m looking for any recipe that includes “barbecue” in the title. “Grilled” works for me too.
The truth is that I love grilling season for one reason only – most of the work lands on my husband. The grill is his domain and I’m glad to let him have it!
Kabob recipes are perfect for an easy weeknight meal. All you have to do is take whatever fruit or vegetable is in season and skewer it with chunks of protein like these succulent shrimp.
My kabobs add a festive feeling to the meal, don’t you think? With a bowl of spicy dipping sauce on the side, we’re ready to serve a low calorie, healthy meal.
Serves 4 of 2 skewers each
- 2 small limes, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tamari, or low salt soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ginger, crushed
- ½ teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 cups pineapple, fresh cut into chunks
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 12 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Preheat outdoor grill.
- In a small saucepan combine lime juice, lime zest, vinegar, tamari, sesame oil, honey, ginger, chili garlic sauce, water, and cornstarch. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium low and simmer until thickened. Remove from heat and reserve half of the mixture for dipping sauce.
- Alternate pineapple, tomatoes and shrimp on skewers and brush with lime sauce.
- Place on grill and grill for 3 - 5 minutes per side until shrimp is cooked through. Brush more sauce on if desired as you turn the skewers.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
Calories: 158 Weight Watchers PointsPlus 4 Total Fat: 2.08g Cholesterol: 107mg Sodium: 994mg Total Carbs: 22.20g Dietary Fiber: 2.49g Sugars: 13.27g Protein: 13.62g
If you’re looking for more healthy and low calorie Weight Watchers recipes, check out my Recipe page. You’ll find hundreds of recipes that include nutrition information and Weight Watchers points.
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.