Your guests won’t be disappointed with this Christmas appetizer.
If you’re looking for impressive Christmas appetizer recipes, you can’t beat how quickly this tasty appetizer comes together. A slight hint of rosemary combines with sweet dried cranberries and toasted walnuts to mellow the sometimes distinctive flavor of goat cheese.
As they say, the proof is in the pudding, and my son ate half the cheese ball before the rest of the family arrived.
Next time I’ll use pistachios. Wouldn’t the colors be festive? Green pistachio and red cranberries. Lovely!
- 11 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, finely minced
- ¾ cup walnuts, toasted, finely minced in a food processor
- ½ cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 1. Break up goat cheese.
- 2. Mix walnuts, rosemary and cranberries. Take half the mixture and mix it into the goat cheese.
- 3. Mold the goat cheese into a ball and roll in the remaining walnut mixture to coat. Chill for 30 minutes to firm up the cheese ball.
- 4. Serve with your favorite baked crackers.
What’s good for me in this dish?
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 67, Old Weight Watchers Points 2, Weight Watchers PointsPlus 2
Total Fat: 4.96g
Total Carbs: 2.80g
Dietary Fiber: 0.45g
Nutrition details obtained from whfoods.org, nutritiondata.com, about.com, and abouthomecooking.com. The statement made here are strictly my opinion and are not meant to replace medical advice from your physician. Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.