If you know me, you know I’ll do almost anything for potato skins loaded with all the fixins.
The problem with the typical potato skin is that it’s loaded with calories. Just one small, delicious, potato can contain as much as 140 calories when topped with cheese and bacon. I’m sorry, but a potato skin isn’t worth the calories unless it’s topped with cheese and bacon.
That’s when I decided to make my own version of this easy appetizer, and skinny it up a bit.
My skinny potato skins start off with planks sprinkled with shallots and garlic, then roasted in the oven to a golden brown.
When they’re removed from the oven with that heavenly potato aroma, I top them with a nutty parmesan cheese and return them to the heat for a quick melt.
This easy appetizer is perfect for this potato lover. I just have to keep myself from eating the whole plate!
Have a wonderful weekend folks!
Shake It Up! Try sweet potatoes instead of red or Yukon Gold.
- 4 medium Red or Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced into 1/4" planks
- 1 large shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 teaspoons bacon bits
- 8 teaspoons low fat sour cream
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and generously spray with cooking spray.
- Line potato slabs on the cookie sheet.
- Combine shallot and garlic in a small bowl and sprinkle on potatoes.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until the bottoms of the potatoes are nicely browned and the potato is cooked through.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle potatoes with parmesan cheese.
- Return to the oven to melt the cheese.
- Serve topped with sour cream, bacon and parsley.
Calories: 221kcal Weight Watchers PointsPlus 6 Saturated fatty acids: 2.60g Monounsaturated fatty acids: 1.78g Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 0.45g Total fat: 4.83g Calories from fat: 43 Cholesterol: 14mg Carbohydrate, by difference: 35.97g Total dietary fiber: 3.90g Protein: 9.16g
If you’re looking for more easy appetizer recipes, check out my collection of easy appetizer recipes and don’t forget to
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content. Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.