Warm up this winter with this quick to the table satisfying taco soup with beef and black beans. (Sponsored by Winking Girl)
When Julie from Winking Girl! Foods offered to share her skillet sauces, I was more than happy to accept her offer. I’d been drooling over Mexiacn soup recipes on Pinterest for weeks and couldn’t wait to give one a try myself.
After looking at the ingredients in Winking Girl’s taco skillet sauce, I knew I had the base for a taco soup that would have those Mexican seasonings I love. The sauce contains tomato puree, apple cider vinegar, onion, sugar, garlic, sea salt, ancho chile, and spices. Wholesome ingredients I can feel good about. No added preservatives and ingredients I can’t name.
Naturally, I used my beloved Instant Pot to keep my taco soup making task as simple as possible. After sauteing onions, peppers, and beef, all I needed was the taco sauce to add flavor, along with a can of chopped tomatoes and black beans.
This is a spicy taco soup topped with a few crunchy tortilla chips, avocado, sour cream, fresh cilantro and lime that rivals any high-calorie taco you could make any day!
Thank you Winking Girl! Your sauces are not only tasty for taco fillings, but they make a delicious taco soup!
Serves 4 - two cup servings
Slender Beefy Taco Soup with Winking Girl Skillet Sauce
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 large green pepper , diced
- ½ medium jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 2 packages Winking Girl Classic Taco Skillet Sauce , alternatively add 28 ounces tomato sauce and 1 tablespoon Mexican seasoning (taste after cooking for a few minutes and add more seasoning as desired)
- 35 ounces water
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add onions, green pepper, and jalapeño peppers. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes until onion and pepper is softened.
- Add ground beef and cook for 5 minutes until no longer pink.
- Add Winking Girl Taco Skillet Sauce, water, tomatoes, and black beans.
- Increase heat to medium high and bring to a boil uncovered. Reduce heat to medium and continue to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with your choice of garnishes such as cilantro, lime, sour cream, avocado, cheese, and tortilla chips.
Food energy: 233kcal Saturated fatty acids: 1.92g Monounsaturated fatty acids: 2.15g Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 0.52g Total fat: 4.59g Calories from fat: 41 Cholesterol: 68mg Carbohydrate, by difference: 18.92g Total dietary fiber: 6.34g Protein: 29.96g Total lipid (fat): 4.95g Water: 492.02g Ash: 2.85g Total sugars: 4.34g Calcium: 73mg Iron: 4.65mg Magnesium: 63mg Phosphorus: 329mg Potassium: 847mg Sodium: 700mg
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Winking Girl. I only share products I use myself, and created this recipe while receiving compensation to do so.