I have an obsession with chili recipes.
As a Seattleite, our recent appearance at the Super Bowl (I can’t choke out “loss” yet), only fueled my love affair with this pot of spicy chicken and beans.
Crazy thing is my guests mixed both chili versions in the same bowl, then called it happy!
If, like me, you can’t have too many containers of leftover chili waiting in the freezer for your next craving, here are a few more from the archives you can give a try . . .
- Mexican Lentil and Beef Chili
- Sweet Potato Chili with Chicken Apple Sausage – love this!
- Beef, Black Bean and Sweet Potato Chili
- Chipotle Chicken and Beans Chili
- Slow Cooker Leftover Steak Chili and Beans Chili
Before I close today, I want to thank Chris over at Foody Direct for a fun interview. It was a terrific experiencing sharing my thoughts on the foods we eat, and how we can make small changes towards better health.
Stay tuned this month for comfort food makeovers.
The nephews are coming for a visit over the weekend, so first on the list is mac and cheese. If these picker eaters gobble up my mac and cheese, I know I have a hit!
Enjoy the rest of your week!
Spicy chicken chili with a secret ingredient you'll never guess.
20 minPrep Time
8 hrCook Time
8 hr, 20 Total Time
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 medium jalapeno, minced
- 1 cup Rotel Tomatoes
- 3 cups kidney beans, cooked
- 3 cups pinto beans, cooked
- 3 cups black beans, cooked
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 32 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 small lime , juiced
- Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat with olive oil. Add onions, green pepper and chicken thighs. Cook for 6 - 8 minutes stirring often, then add to a minimum 6 quart slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT cilantro and lime juice. Set cooker to high and cook for 6 - 8 hours until vegetables are tender. Taste half way through and add chili powder to your liking, and water if needed to keep a desired chili-like consistency.
- Add cilantro and lime juice at the end of cooking time.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus 3
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and download 30 Super Satisfying Slender Recipes free!
“If you decide to make a purchase through my link, Amazon will pay me a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!”