How can you miss by adding leftover flank steak to a chili recipe?
I say that you can’t. I refuse to waste even a little bit of food if I can possibly help it, so why not add my little bits of steak to some chili beans in a slow cooker.
As much as I love to cook, I love time off too, so an easy chili recipe is one of my go-to ways to use up those veggies and leftover meat.
The steak is lean, the beans are a nutrition powerhouse, and the smoky taste of cumin can’t be beat. Add cheese if you’d like, but I’m a chili purist. I love mine just plain, thank you.
Slow Cooker Leftover Flank Steak Chili
15 minsPrep Time
6 hrsCook Time
6 hrs, 15 sTotal Time
- 30 ounces chili beans , rinsed and drained
- 14 ounces petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 large bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon chili seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 ounces flank steak, leftover, chopped into bite sized pieces
- hot sauce to taste
- Combine ingredients in a slow cooker and cook for 4 – 6 hours on low. Mixture should be reduced by 1/3 and vegetables and beans tender.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 2.81g
Total Carbs: 39.59g
Dietary Fiber: 12.93g
Weight Watchers Points 5