I’m still shopping at the farmer’s markets, and fresh corn is now tops on my list.
Tonight we tried a new grilling technique (for us anyway), and the corn was wonderful! So easy, just grill it silk and all on the grill over a medium high flame with the lid closed.
It comes out smoky and sweet. Add the corn to these wonderful cherry tomatoes and red peppers, and it makes a colorful salad recipe.
I’m still sticking with my latest cooking challenge, this recipe only has six ingredients! Happy cooking!
- 3 large ears of corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large red bell (capsicum) peppers, finely chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup scallions , chopped
- ½ large lemon , juiced
- barbecue seasoning to taste
- Preheat heat grill on medium high.
- Place corn, silk, husks and all over heat and cover.
- Cook 20 minutes, checking frequently. Corn will be black on the outside, but should be just tender on the inside.
- Toss with remaining ingredients.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 3.10g
Total Carbs: 36.41g
Dietary Fiber: 4.41g
Weight Watchers Points 3
If you’re looking for more healthy and low calorie Weight Watchers recipes, check out my Recipe page. You’ll find hundreds of recipes that include nutrition information and Weight Watchers points.
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.