I believe every healthy cook should have an easy spaghetti sauce recipe up their sleeve.
The spaghetti sauce I found in The Veggie Book from Harvest Your Health is just that recipe.
- 1 quart diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sweetener
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon dry onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 5 medium baby bella mushrooms
- In a large sauce pan, combine tomatoes and all spices, allowing to warm over medium heat for ten minutes.
- Wipe mushrooms with a damp cloth.
- Sauté mushrooms in oil until almost done. Then set them aside.
- Using an immersion blender, blend tomatoes until smooth.
- Add the mushrooms, and simmer for twenty minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add sweetener if needed, and salt and pepper to taste.
One of my favorite spaghetti recipes uses pumpkin in the sauce. I add as many veggies as I can to my pot of sauce, so Shay’s addition of meaty mushrooms makes me happy.
And you can’t beat spaghetti noodles swimming in a savory tomato sauce to chase away the chill in the air. Spaghetti sauce freezes beautifully, so be sure and make a double batch for a super quick meal on a busy work night.
(Here’s a link to an earlier post this week for Shay’s Asparagus Fries. As you can see, I like what Shay does in the kitchen.)
If you like what you’ve seen this week at Mother Rimmy’s . . .
Then take a peek at the more the 71 ebooks on topics related to health and wellness from Harvest Your Health. I’m sure you’ll find more than one title worth a review.
Have a terrific weekend!
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content. Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.