This super lean, super healthy beef and broccoli stir fry is completely delicious with nutty brown rice.
I love beef, and this beefy stir-fry recipe is perfect for me. This dish allows me to have some beef, but balances it with lots of broccoli and a light, spicy sauce. It was an easy to make, weeknight meal.
I served this with my favorite brown rice. Using the package directions, use chicken broth instead of water, finely mince or shred ginger and garlic and add it to chicken broth. Add rice as directed on the package.
Next time I’m going to add some fresh orange juice and some grated orange peel to the mix to brighten the flavor.
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ pound beef tenderloin, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups broccoli, chopped
- 3 scallions , thinly sliced
- Prepare marinade of sherry, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame oil and pepper flakes. Add beef and marinade one hour.
- Drain marinade into measuring cup and add enough water to make 1/3 cup. Add cornstarch until it dissolves.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet with a lid over high heat. Add vegetable oil and beef. Cook beef until desired doneness. Remove to plate.
- Reduce heat and add broccoli. Stir-fry three minutes and cover. Steam another minute until crisp-tender.
- Return beef to skillet and add marinade. Increase heat and cook until thickened.
- Top with scallions.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 17.34g
Total Carbs: 9.62g
Dietary Fiber: 2.72g
Old WW Points 6