When I served this shrimp salad two days in a row and there’s wasn’t a complaint to be heard about leftovers, then that’s a meal I’ll serve again.
This salad recipe was incredibly easy to pull together thanks to a carton of lemony yogurt and a container of pre-cooked salad shrimp.
We served our salad on a bed of fresh-from-the-garden red lettuce leaves with a handful of walnuts and celery tossed in for crunch.
Our shrimpy creation held up so well that we turned it into an appetizer scooped onto garlic toasts. You just can’t beat those double-duty meals.
Happy, healthy cooking!
- 6 ounces Low Fat Lemon Yogurt
- 1 small lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic chili sauce
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup green onion, sliced
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- 1 ½ cups celery, chopped
- 3 cups cooked salad shrimp
- 8 cups salad greens
- Mix yogurt, lemon juice and zest, walnut oil, garlic chili sauce and a pinch of salt in a small bowl.
- In a larger bowl add red peppers, celery, green onion, toasted walnuts and shrimp. Combine well with yogurt mixture and chill.
- Serve over lettuce.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus 11
Total Fat: 17.44g
Total Carbs: 21.45g
Dietary Fiber: 4.46g
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content. Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.