It is possible to have a really great egg scramble and not eat a ton of calories and fat at the same time.
One of my favorite scrambled egg recipes uses a just a few eggs and then the rest are egg whites. Add meaty mushrooms and you won’t miss the bacon or sausage. Creamy feta finishes the dish with a really creamy, cheesy flavor. Don’t forget the fresh herbs!
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach, rough chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons low fat feta
- Whip eggs.
- Spray non-stick pan with cooking spray and cook mushrooms 5 minutes over medium heat until tender.
- Add eggs, thyme and spinach and scramble until eggs are almost done.
- Add one tablespoon feta and finish cooking eggs.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve topped with remaining feta.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 6.13g
Total Carbs: 2.82g
Dietary Fiber: 0.68g
Old Weight Watchers Points 3
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content. Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.