I bet you’d like to take this big fish home!
My husband is an accomplished fly fisherman of many years, yet I’m always amazed when he walks up to camp with a fish this size.
In order to enjoy the incredibly delicate flavor of Mike’s big catch, the first night it was simply dressed with a sprinkle of salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon for good measure.
But the next night, our steelhead was dressed to the nines with fruity olives, spicy onions, fresh basil, tender zucchini and yellow squash.
The aroma of fresh fish, olives and basil wafting from the grill was intoxicating! We could hardly wait for our meal to finish cooking.
With forks ready, after a sprinkle of tart feta cheese, we polished off our fish in no time flat.
If you don’t have steelhead readily available where you live, you could easily adapt this steelhead recipe to any seafood. I envision a firm white fish, salmon, or even some lovely large shrimp.
Enjoy your Labor Day weekend everyone!
- 1 pound steelhead, filet cut into portion sizes
- ¾ cup kalamata olives, chopped
- ½ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 large lemon, zested
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 4 cups zucchini and yellow squash, sliced in to bite-sized pieces
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350 or your grill.
- Layout a large sheet of foil and spray with olive oil cooking spray. Place the fish in the middle of the foil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine olives, red onion, garlic, lemon zest and basil in a bowl. Spread half the mixture over the fish, then drizzle with 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Pile summer squash on top and sprinkle with remaining olive mixture. Drizzle with another 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Fold foil over to make a packet.
- Bake for 25 - 35 minutes until the fish is cooked through and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Serve garnished with feta cheese.
Calories: 249 Weight Watchers PointsPlus 6 Total Fat: 10.13g Cholesterol: 83mg Sodium: 439mg Total Carbs: 10.59g Dietary Fiber: 2.79g Sugars: 5.16g Protein: 28.08g
If you’re looking for more healthy and low calorie Weight Watchers recipes, check out my Recipe page. You’ll find hundreds of recipes that include nutrition information and Weight Watchers points.
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.