Yes, it’s true. Lately I’m into stuffing whichever meat comes across my chopping board. Last week it was chicken, this week it’s flank steak.
And how easy can it get? Simply sauté a boat load of mushrooms until their fragrance fills the air and they turn a lovely brown color.
Pound the daylights out of your flank steak – just kidding, but it sure reduces my stress level.
Just pound your steak enough to flatten it out a bit, then stuff it with those meaty mushrooms, fresh spinach, salty capers and tart feta cheese.
A short stay in the oven and you’ll have an impressive dish to serve your family. Add a tossed salad and you’ll be surprised at what a figure friendly meal you’ve whipped up.
- 1 pound flank steak, pounded to an even thickness
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 4 cups crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, finely chopped
- ¼ cup red wine
- one pinch salt
- one pinch pepper
- 4 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 cups baby spinach,
- 1 cup low fat feta
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high and add olive oil. When olive oil is hot, add onion, mushrooms and rosemary. Cook for 5 - 6 minutes to soften onion and mushrooms. Add wine and salt and pepper. Cook another few minutes to reduce wine.
- Lay out flank steak and spread mushroom mixture evenly in the middle, leaving an inch border. Top with spinach and feta cheese.
- Fold the long sides of the flank steak up and pin on the top with toothpicks.
- Bake in the oven at 350 for 30 - 40 minutes, dependent on how well done you like your beef and how thick the beef is.
If you’re looking for more flank steak recipes, try this Sweet and Spicy Orange Flank Steak with Cabbage Salad.
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 362, Weight Watchers PointsPlus 9
- Total Fat: 14.44g
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- Sodium: 10458mg
- Total Carbs: 24.46g
- Dietary Fiber: 8.78g
- Sugars: 4.41g
- Protein: 37.66g
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.