I think tarragon is one of those herbs that doesn’t get it’s due. It has a sweet, slightly licorice flavor, that is wonderful in a healthy creamy salad dressing.
I want to make salad dressings on the lighter side, so I used plain yogurt to give my dressing that creamy texture. I think the slightly tart flavor of plain yogurt worked well with my sweet tarragon. Give it a try for a nice alternative to the usual Ranch dressing.
My dressing topped a combination of salad ingredients that included spinach, arugula, carrots, radishes and celery. You know I can’t resist a colorful salad!
- ½ cup fat free plain yogurt
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fat free milk
- 1 ½ tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, honey and milk until smooth. Fold in chives and tarragon, then chill for 30 minutes to blend flavors.