Sweet potatoes and broccoli – it sounds like a crazy combination, doesn’t it?
But this is a healthy side dish that can’t be beat.
The truth is that just about any vegetable compliments sweet potatoes, so why not the broccoli – a vegetable I don’t eat nearly enough of.
When broccoli is gently steamed with rosemary and shallots, and then tossed with nutty roasted sweet potatoes and a sweet Dijon mustard vinaigrette I could eat the whole bowl by myself, but then I’m sure my husband would have something to say about that.
Happy, healthy cooking. 🙂
15 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 1 large sweet potato , peeled and cubed
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- ½ cup shallot, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon rosemary, minced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Spread out sweet potatoes and roast for 15 - 20 minutes until just tender. Stir once to keep potatoes from burning on one side.
- Steam broccoli with shallots and rosemary until crisp-tender and remove to a bowl and add potatoes.
- Combine syrup, Dijon, oil and vinegar in a small bowl and then toss with potatoes and broccoli.
Calories: 118 Weight Watchers PointsPlus 3 Total Fat: 6.78g Cholesterol: -- Sodium: 46mg Total Carbs: 13.11g Dietary Fiber: 2.59g Sugars: 5.34g Protein: 2.06g