Okay, go ahead and say it. I can hear you.
“I don’t like brussels sprouts!” See? I heard you.
Well, you’ll like this brussels sprouts recipe. Roasted in the oven, these tiny little cabbages come out caramelized, sweet, and tender.
Take a chance and give them a try. You won’t be disappointed, and you’ll be getting a serving of those healthy veggies in for the day too.
Can’t beat that!
- 24 ea brussel Sprouts, trimmed and halved
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Steam brussels sprouts until crisp-tender. About 5 minutes.
- Heat oven to 450.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine remaining ingredients and toss with brussels sprouts.
- Spread on cookie sheet and roast in oven until tender and lightly browned. About 10 minutes.
What’s good for me in this dish?
Brussels sprouts top the charts in vitamins K and C. They also contain folate, vitamin A, manganese, and lots of fiber. They provide cancer protection in the form of sulfur containing phytonutrients called “sulforaphane.” Brussels sprouts lower your risk of bladder, prostate, colorectal and lung cancer. They are also good for detoxification and cleansing.
Total Fat: 3.99g
Total Carbs: 23.97g
Dietary Fiber: 8.79g
Weight Watchers Points 2
Nutrition details obtained from whfoods.org, nutritiondata.com, about.com, and abouthomecooking.com.