Who wouldn’t want this healthy salmon dish for dinner!
Wild Alaskan salmon and crunchy green beans. You won’t even notice you’re eating all those amazing Omega 3 fatty acids and wonderful phytonutrients, because the food tastes so good!
Unless you’re from Mars, or you just hate seafood, you will definitely find this dish from Taste and Tell a meal worth trying. Wonderful Asian flavors like sesame oil and ginger really work well with sweet Wild Alaskan salmon.
Using those same Asian flavors for the green beans, tie the salmon and green beans together well.
Nice job Taste and Tell! Thanks for the recipe!
Happy, healthy cooking!
- 16 ounces salmon filets
- ? cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ? cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 inch piece ginger root
- ? cup unsweetened orange juice
- Sesame Green Beans:
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 pound green beans , trimmed
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup low fat chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Salmon Directions:
- 1. Rub salmon with about 1 tablespoon brown sugar and sprinkle with lemon pepper and garlic powder. Rub seasonings into the fish.
- 2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, pour soy sauce and olive oil. Stir in ginger, remaining brown sugar, lemon pepper, and garlic powder. Stir constantly until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, and stir in the orange juice.
- 3. Place fish and marinade into a resealable plastic bag, seal for at least 3 hours.
- 4. Preheat the broiler. Place fish in a foil-lined baking pan.
- 5. Broil fish skin-side up, 2 minutes. Remove from oven, pull skin off with tongs. Turn fish, and broil until fish just flakes, about 4 minutes. Do not overcook or your fish will be dry.
- Green Beans Directions:
- 1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sesame seeds and garlic. When seeds start to darken, stir in green beans. Cook, stirring, until the beans turn bright green.
- 2. Pour in chicken broth, salt and pepper. Cover and cook until beans are tender-crisp, about 10 minutes. Uncover and cook until liquid evaporates.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 9.81g
Total Carbs: 32.64g
Dietary Fiber: 4.81g
Old Weight Watchers Points 7
Nutrition details obtained from whfoods.org, nutritiondata.com, about.com, and abouthomecooking.com.