Do you like broccoli?
If you do, and you haven’t tried broccolini, I think you’re missing out. It’s a bit more expensive, and probably not something you’ll feed the family. Still, broccolini is well worth the extra expense when you want a terrific side dish for a special dinner. It’s much more tender, and lacks that bitter taste the broccoli can sometimes have.
This recipe comes from Ina Garten, Food Network Chef. Such a simple recipe with just a few ingredients.
Just an FYI . . . I really don’t think you need 1/4 cup olive oil. Next time I would cut that in half.
- Serves 6
- Kosher salt
- 4 bunches broccolini (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon
- Steam broccolini until crisp-tender.
- Whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 8.88g
Total Carbs: 10.14g
Dietary Fiber: 3.79g
Old Weight Watchers Points 2