Potatoes and I are good friends. I love their starchy, creamy texture, and new potatoes top my favorites list.
This easy potato recipe makes them a bit healthier. No added butter, or sour cream, but nicely browned and seasoned with olive oil and fresh tarragon.
I really like this dish because it’s an entire meal in a pan, and I’m such a fan of beautiful colors on my plate. That’s always a sign of a balanced meal.
Keeping with my six ingredient cooking challenge I eliminated the mushrooms and garlic in the original recipe.
- * 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- * 10 oz. new potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- * 1 large onion, cut in thin wedges
- * 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut in 1-1/2-inch pieces
- * 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- * 1/2 tsp. salt
- * 1/4 tsp. pepper
- * 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- * 3 Tbsp. snipped fresh tarragon
- 1. In extra-large nonstick skillet heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat Evenly layer potatoes and carrots in skillet. Cook, uncovered, 5 minutes, until potatoes are golden, turning once. Add mushrooms and onions. Cook 5 to 6 minutes, until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring often. Add garlic and asparagus; cook 3 minutes. Transfer vegetables to bowl; set aside.
- 2. In same skillet heat remaining oil. Sprinkle chicken with half the salt and pepper. Cook chicken in hot oil about 3 minutes, until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Add broth; bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 3 minute or until no pink remains. Increase heat to medium-high. Stir in cooked vegetables; heat through. Stir in snipped tarragon and remaining salt and pepper. Makes 4 servings.
* Calories 266,
* Total Fat (g) 12,
* Saturated Fat (g) 2,
* Monounsaturated Fat (g) 8,
* Polyunsaturated Fat (g) 2,
* Cholesterol (mg) 29,
* Sodium (mg) 483,
* Carbohydrate (g) 28,
* Total Sugar (g) 9,
* Fiber (g) 7,
* Protein (g) 15,
* Vitamin C (DV%) 47,
* Calcium (DV%) 8,
* Iron (DV%) 23,
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Weight Watchers Pointsplus 7
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content. Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.