The best chicken tenders.
That’s a bold statement isn’t it? I beg to differ. These chicken tenders really are family pleasing. I’ll bet the kids even eat the broccoli!
The inspiration for this chicken tender recipe came from Rocco DiSpirito’s Now Eat This! Diet. We cook light in this house, so faux frying food isn’t a new concept, but baking the chicken on a rack was a new experience for me.
The idea that the chicken would roast and be crispy and browned on all sides really intrigued me, so I gave it a try. Of course, the use of panko never hurt any fried food, and I hear there are whole wheat panko crumbs available somewhere. I’ll be hunting those down when I’ve finished the bag I have. I’ll let you know where to find them.
Thanks for the cooking lesson Rocco! These are truly the best chicken tenders I’ve ever had!
The Best Chicken Tenders
- 8 large chicken tenders
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup almonds, crushed
- ½ tablespoon rosemary
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 tablespoons lowfat milk
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 16 ounces frozen broccoli florets
1. Combine panko, almonds, rosemary, salt and pepper in a bowl.
2. In another bowl add eggs and milk. Whip until frothy.
3. Place a wire rack on a cookie sheet lined with foil. Spray rack with cooking spray.
4. Dredge chicken in panko mixture, then egg mixture, then panko mixture.
5.Place chicken on wire rack, spray with cooking spray and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes until browned and cooked through.
6. Combine olive oil, Dijon mustard, sugar, vinegar and parsley in a bowl.
7. Steam broccoli for 5 – 6 minutes in a large bowl with one inch water in the microwave on high. Broccoli should be crisp tender. Toss with dressing and serve with chicken tenders.
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 326, Weight Watchers PointsPlus 8
Total Fat: 9.34g
Total Carbs: 18.45g
Dietary Fiber: 5.27g
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.
Last updated byat .