Guess who’s visiting Mother Rimmy this weekend? My darling nephews!
As I was hunting through my recipe archives for kid pleasing breakfast recipes, it occurred to me that I should share our family favorites with you, so read on for my family’s top 5 favorite breakfast treats.
- Blueberry muffins are a classic breakfast treat for kids and adults alike. These blueberry muffins have a brown sugar, crunchy topping. As usual, the muffin top disappears before the rest of the muffin.
- How about banana waffles? Kids love banana anything. These waffles are gluten free, but you could easily use standard flour to make the same delicious waffles.
- It’s pumpkin season, and this pile of pumpkin and oat pancakes not only uses pumpkin to add moisture and flavor, but a boost of fiber. Not that the kids care. As far as they’re concerned, a pancake is a weekend treat, not a healthy breakfast option.
- Don’t forget the eggs. When I want the nephews to start their play day off right, a scrambled egg sandwich works like a charm. They love the combination of eggs, cheese and toasty bread.
- What weekend breakfast would be complete without sweet and creamy oatmeal. I’m a big fan of baked oatmeal. I can add tiny bits of fruit, warm spices like cinnamon and nutmeg, and allow it to bake in the oven while the kids watch cartoons. It goes without saying that everyone in the family enjoys this bowl of hearty goodness.
So there you are! My top 5 go-to weekend breakfast recipes.
I hope you’ll find a few that your family enjoys. I’m off to take a nap. At my age, I need all the rest I can get to keep up with these little guys!
Have a terrific weekend!
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content. Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.