This summer’s color packed vegetables are an inspiration for us healthy cooks. We wander farmers’ markets inhaling the fragrance of fresh herbs, while we conjure up images of how we plan to grill, stir fry, sauté or toss God’s bounty into a tasty meal.
Seattle isn’t experiencing the soaring temperatures that many parts of the country are enduring, so I decided I would roast my garden bounty and turn it into an easy vegetable lasagna.
And I’d speed up the process and use tortillas for my noodles, layering them with my savory roasted veggies and a puree of garlicky white beans for a little boost of protein.
Naturally, I had to have a layer of mozzarella cheese. After all, what would a lasagna recipe be without cheese!
Happy, healthy cooking!
- 4 large Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and cut into 1/4" slices
- 1 medium yellow squash, halved and cut into 1/4" slices
- 1 medium onion, thickly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, minced
- 1 can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 pinch red pepper
- ? cup water
- 1 ½ cups low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup parmesan cheese , shredded
- 4 large flour tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spread parchment paper over a large cookie sheet, or use two cookie sheets if necessary.
- Toss tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash and onions with garlic (reserving one clove for beans), honey, balsamic vinegar and rosemary. Spread out on the cookie sheet and roast for 20 - 30 minutes until vegetables start to brown and are tender.
- Combine beans, remaining garlic clove, red pepper and water in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and cook 4 Tortilla Land tortillas according to package directions and set aside.
- Lightly spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with olive oil cooking spray and place a tortilla into the dish. Top the tortilla with a layer of 1/4 of the beans, a layer of 1/4 of the vegetables, 1/4 of the cheeses. Repeat with remaining tortillas, vegetables and cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20 - 30 minutes to melt the cheese.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus 11
Total Fat: 12.35g
Total Carbs: 54.36g
Dietary Fiber: 5.95g
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content. Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.