I’m not one to use my calories for the day on a sandwich, I’d rather save them for a juicy steak and potatoes for dinner, or Skinny Cow ice cream at the end of the day.
But every once in awhile the craving for a melted cheese sandwich hits, and I’m willing to use those precious calories and skip dessert.
When I discovered this whole grain flat bread at Albertsons, I knew it would make a terrific turkey melt. All I needed was Swiss cheese (the combination of Swiss and turkey can’t be beat), and a creamy dressing.
If you’re not a Swiss cheese fan, this recipe for Turkey Panini’s with Feta Cheese Sauce was definitely a hit.
Simply follow the same directions for the sandwich above, but replace the Ranch dressing with this feta cheese sauce.
- ⅓ cup low fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil based mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon oregano, dried
Either way, you’ll have a cheesy on the inside, crunchy on the outside, sandwich for lunch that is definitely worth the calories.
Happy, healthy cooking!
- 2 ea Flat Bread, 8" round
- 2 tablespoons low fat Ranch dressing
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 3 slices low fat swiss cheese
- 3 slices deli turkey breast
- optional 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage or thyme
- cooking spray
- Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium low heat.
- Spread Ranch dressing over one piece of flatbread.
- Layer spinach, turkey then Swiss cheese and top with the last piece of flatbread.
- Generously spray the skillet with cooking spray and add sandwich.
- Cook for 3 - 5 minutes until the first side is browned.
- Then flip and cook another 3 - 5 minutes until the second side is browned and the cheese is melted.
- Cut into quarters.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus 8
Saturated fatty acids: 1.93g
Monounsaturated fatty acids: 1.29g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 1.46g
Total fat: 4.69g
Calories from fat: 42
Carbohydrate, by difference: 42.26g
Total dietary fiber: 5.23g
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content. Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.