If you haven’t bought pitta pockets, you’re missing out on a terrific sandwich treat when you stuff them with ground turkey and Tzatziki sauce.
I need a break from party food. As much as I love to taste test absolutely everything on the table, there comes a time when I can’t look at another plate of delectable cookies, or cheese filled canapés.
I need real food, so I keep ground turkey in my freezer for just such an occasion.
This easy grilled turkey burger is packed with mushrooms, fresh parsley and finely minced garlic, then stuffed it into a pita pocket with a refreshing Tzatziki sauce from CalorieCount.
I sprinkled low fat feta cheese on mine, but if you’re watching calories, this burger is just as good without it.
A big thank you to our wonderful friends for sharing their homes, and making this holiday season a happy one. When I’m not grazing at your colorful tables, I’ll stick with a bit lighter fare.
Enjoy the holidays!
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey
- ½ cup parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium whole wheat pita pockets, cut in half and opened
- Combine turkey, parsley, lemon juice, garlic, mushrooms in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Form into 4 patties.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and add oil. Cook patties for 5 - 6 minutes per side until they are no longer pink in the middle.
- Serve with pitas, lettuce and topped with tzatziki sauce.
Amount Per Serving without Tzatziki Sauce
Calories: 378, Weight Watchers PointsPlus 10
Total Fat: 13.09g
Total Carbs: 37.00g
Dietary Fiber: 5.20g
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.